Many of you will be suffering one of these horrid ailments as the chilly months encroach upon us.
Germs are always around but a strong immune system will take them in its stride. The white blood cells have the ability to detect and destroy bacteria and viruses before they start anything, so it is in everyone’s best interests to see that they have everything they need to function well.
- Rest – get plenty of sleep.
- Fluids – water, herb teas, hot juices with cinnamon and ginger.
- Laughter – your immune system works best when you are happy!
- Natural vitamin C – salads and fresh fruit might seem unappealing when it is cold but do not abandon fruit and vegetables. Make vegetable soups, stew fruit with warming spices.
- Echinacea – helps the white blood cells in their task of spotting bugs and of engulfing and destroying them once spotted. A daily maintenance dose can help keep bugs at bay.